You can apply for an SMI scholarship if you have all the following requirements:
- are an adult immigrant
- have financial need
- are legally able to work
- have at least a high school diploma or HiSET (GED)
- have English language proficiency levels that ensure you will succeed in the course
- do not qualify for public or private financial aid
- if employed, work for an employer that does not offer any stipend for educational studies
- live in greater Portland, Maine
- are seeking the additional English language or professional skills necessary to achieve post-secondary educational or career goals.
Click on the above link and the PDF document will show in a new browser tab. From there you may download or print the application form.
*Please note that our scholarships vary depending on the cost of a course. It is possible that this scholarship will not cover the entire cost of your course.
If you have questions about the application form please contact SMI.